Friday, December 26, 2008
Posted by Melissa at 2:34 PM
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Posted by Melissa at 5:33 AM
Monday, December 15, 2008
The winner of the RAK is Magical Moments! And since so many were keen, I drew another name and Sar I will post you a small Christmas embellishment RAK - stamps, flowers,bling etc... Please email me with your addresses : firstname.lastname@example.org
These were Lola's thankyou cards...
And a Kaiser album I did for SCRAPLOOT...there is a step by step on their blog!I have LOs to share...but I have to scan them....
We are off to show off Lola at Dh's school today. It's their last day, I'm sure his students will be very excited - I'm sure the teachers are!
Posted by Melissa at 2:09 PM
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Posted by Melissa at 8:01 PM
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
This what the back of our house use to look like...to the left was an old grotty laundry and a toilet on the right a draughty enclosed verandah - we only could use it for storage/junk room as it was dusty etc...waste of space really!
So we came home with a newborn and no laundry, active toddler and no backyard!!! What a mess!!!!!!!!!!But at least it was finally underway!
Well I'm excited to say that the brick work is basically all done(must get a pic) and the roof is starting tomorrow! They have been working at a cracking pace! Our builder/project manager is fantastic! All building will stop over Christmas and January and then the messiest and most exiting for me - the kitchen will be gutted and redone!!! YAY!!!!
Posted by Melissa at 3:51 PM
Sunday, November 23, 2008
All going well here although very little scrapping - due to space constraints - not lack of wanting to get back into it! Also have to get a heap of photos printed!
Lola is a DREAM baby ....I'm utterly in love with her! She just feeds so well, sleeps, and coos...so delish! She is so easy.... Poppy has been *interesting* - loving towards Lola, just sooky and whingy towards Dh and I. I'm sure she'll get over it!LOL! She had her birthday party at an indoor playcentre - she is such a cack - she ran around like a maniac for about 3 hours! All our family and friends came along and she was thoroughly spoilt!
**** Will be back with RAK photos...promise!****
Posted by Melissa at 4:54 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Well the wonderful Miss Poppy turns THREE today! My god the time just flies...
She was thoroughly spoilt with a scooter & helmet, art board and art set, large Dora doll &
Dora laptop, tea set, clothes, puzzles and books and a mini keyboard! With more to come....OMG ruined I tell ya!
We opened pressies, then went to Playgroup to share some pink cupcakes...and Poppy doesn't mind bashing out the Birthday song to herself ! She is having a party on Sunday at one of those toddler indoor centres - easy - no cooking and no cleaning up - I'm very happy with that one! And has requested Stawberry Shortcake cake - so I've gone with that theme!
At Three she...
- loves books and loves being read to - any book, any time!
- can count to 27
- knows most colours
- knows all the basic shapes ie circle, square...
- loves people - will chat to anyone who looks her way, completely social
- is into Yo Gabba Gabba and Dora and Playschool
- loves water and sand
- loves outdoor play, the park, swings, the backyard - collects sticks and leaves...
- is a tiny eater - far too busy for food
- is strong willed, noisy, has a great sense of humour already
- loves to sing and dance around the house all day long
- collects the mail daily and is thrilled to find those envelopes waiting for her
- is a great sleeper - still has an afternoon nap every day!
- Love creative roleplay and dress ups - loves to play "cafe" - making 'chino's for everyone!
- Has just become a big sister and is loving and gentle with Lola
- loves blowing out candles at everyone else's birthdays
- Is affectionate but also independent
- Adores her daddy
- Is a bright ray of sunshine in our lives
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY GORGEOUS GIRL!
Posted by Melissa at 10:18 PM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Firstly, thanks for all the lovely well wishes and comments on the arrival of Lola. She is a seriously easy bub so far...just feeds and sleeps, hardly cries at all...so sweet...so easy! We are all madly in love with her!
Forgot to load up these Halloween pics and a LO for SCRAPTIVATE....using delish Cosmo cricket papers...lots of new stock in at the shop - Perth girls get in there!!!
It's Poppy's 3rd birthday tomorrow, baking more cupcakes today - check in over then next couple of days as I'm going to put together a "PINK" RAK - in celebration of Poppy's special day and our new pink bundle of joy.
Hope to get some scrapping done but I had to pack everything away... Lola's things have taken over the table I use as our renovations have started and space is limited...yep they literally knocked off the back of our house the day I went to hospital - looks like a cyclone has hit our back yard! So I got home with a new born and NO laundry, a VERY active toddler and no backyard...thank god for my MIL who has been a godsend - doing ALL our washing!
We went out for an amazing lunch yesterday, T. is taking Miss P off to church this morning then we are taking her to Macca's as a treat....she has been pretty housebound this week!Hope you are having a fab weekend !
Posted by Melissa at 2:00 PM
Monday, November 10, 2008
Posted by Melissa at 6:52 PM
Two LOs I did before I went to hospital - Wicked Kits Mermaid November...
This is a LO I did for the latest SC Sketch feature....loved being apart of it but the pics of the LOs in the mag were tiny!!!!Loved the what the other girls came up with too! This is Poppy making gingerbread men with her cousin Darcy!
Posted by Melissa at 6:27 PM
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Posted by Melissa at 5:16 PM
Monday, November 3, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Yep...One week to go....I can't wait, although this pregnancy has flown! I'm feeling OK - he/she is very active but there isn't much room in there - it tends to ache and hurt when she/he stretches away....
LOVE these BG papers - now at Scraptivate...
LOVE these two crazies having fun at the Royal Show...
Posted by Melissa at 9:52 PM
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Two weeks to go!!! Eeeeeekkkkk! Car seats/capsule fitted, last of the little linen washed, towels, singlets done... Saw my Ob. this week and all looks good, he doesn't need to see me next week unless something happens or I feel I really need to see him! He gave me the run down, times etc.. so it is all seeming more and more real! Had my hair coloured and cut...you know all the important things - PMSL! And am pampering my self next week - nails, pedicure, the works!
And Poppy checking the mail - She LOVES checking it everyday...gets all excited, never tires of it! Oh to love such simple pleasures!(need to ink the title so it stands out more!)
There are another couple of LOs to come...just putting on the final touches!
Posted by Melissa at 5:21 AM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Three weeks to go....and I'm counting the days! My tummy is sooooo tight, he/she is still very active but with jarring large kicks and stretches, add my swollen feet and insomnia is back...well I'll be more than happy to meet this bundle!LOL!
Everything is great really and I have bought a few new goodies for this bub..pink and blue as I have NO idea...I thought girl, then recently boy, now I'm thinking girl again? Like I said no idea, and I honestly don't mind either way!
And a fun one for White with One....
Have a great week...the weather here is HOT HOT HOT! Yay! Bring on Summer!
Posted by Melissa at 4:06 AM
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Soooooooooo very happy here....Tam and Karen from WickedPrincess Kit Club have invited me to be on their DT!!!!My god the kits are delish.... and there are a pile of AMAZING scrappers on the DT - so lots of inspiration to be found in the gallery here -
Posted by Melissa at 10:51 PM
Monday, October 6, 2008
A dash of scrapping - LOVE LOVE LOVE these papers from KAISERCRAFT... I was sent some goodies to play with(tonnes actually!!!) The green is more lime IRL....so lovely!And Poppy and her Gf hanging out at the Justine Clarke concert! LOL! Mosh pit babes!
- OMG what a hectic day!!! Miss P had a day at my sister's house so T. and I could go and pick out basically ALL..yep...ALL the fittings for the renos - that were meant to have started in mid August!(bloody council!!!! GRRRRRR) Now it' s race to see whether the baby or the bulldozer comes first! eekkkk! But I'm trying not to get stressed! It has to happen, I can't make it go any faster and what will be will be....*sigh*
- We'd a had a bit of a look previously but today confirmed -Bricks for exterior, half brick and half render(sp?) to match our 1930s house, tiles for laundry, bathroom & "powderoom" - that's what they are calling a toilet with a basin and mirror these days LOL! Internal doors and french doors for the familyroom
- All kitchen appliances - MY GOD sooooo many options but settled on - new oven, stove top, rangehood, fridge, diswasher...all in stainless steel look - fingerprint safe!!! T. is eying off some hideously HUGE TV thingo...LOL
- Tomorrow's jobs - kitchen & laundry cupboards/doors, bench tops...I know what I want just have to check prices and styles! White, white, white! And paint samples - ummmmm white!The whole baths, toilets, basins ....are doing my head in but just need to see a few more options!
- We also fitted in our hospital visit to confirm our booking - luckily only a few small "gaps" cost wise - thank god for private health cover - worth every cent! Have my Ob. appointment tomorrow....I think I'm up to weekly visits now!
- Great news - our Oma is back in her own home - although very weak and still not eating much! But she is much more comfortable there! Between the family and some services for home help she seems OK for the moment!
A HUGE CONGRATS TO NIC P. ON THE ARRIVAL OF HER NEW BABY BOY - DEACON!!!
Posted by Melissa at 2:04 AM
Thursday, October 2, 2008
hmmmmmm this is really for my own records....I "lost" a week somehow! LOL!
- So this should have been for last week - 5 weeks to go.
Ob. appointment - I was meant to be going up to see my family next week, for some of mum's cooking, some rest and Poppy to be spoilt by her cousins....well my doctor said NO! If by chance I went into early labour I would have to have an emergency c-section with a doctor I didn't know or worse, as it is a 4-5 hour drive,if driving I could be in HUGE trouble...that pesky low placenta! Even with my booked c-section I have to have my blood supply on hand as there is a high risk of hemorrhage - I might need a transfusion. A little scary but I completely trust my Ob. so I'll just do what ever he says. If I show any signs of labour or bleeding I have to go straight to the hospital and the bub will have to come out straight away! I don't have a history of early labour so I'm sure it will all go to plan.
- Our Oma is recovering in hospital - all sorts of problems, heart & thyroid conditions, she is still a little confused at times and thinks she should be going home every morning! But she is chatty and has good colour although not really eating! She is receiving great care!
- My last week of work YAY! The staff collected an awesome "Baby basket" for us! Absolutely amazing generosity - two big boxes overflowing with baby goodies - wipes, lotions, toys, rattles, bibs, 15 little outfits, books...the list is endless...so spoilt!And a $100 voucher for Babyland! Woo Hoo!
- We took Poppy to her first "Perth Royal Show" - OMG we had such a fabulous family day!Poppy was soooooo well behaved! A morning of rides, showbags, hot chips, the farm animals, Pony rides, ice cream...LOVED IT ALL!!! Quite funny watching my 6ft5" Dh go on the rides with her in "Kiddy Land"
Posted by Melissa at 5:30 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I was asked to have a play with a gorgeous kit from the girls at Wicked Princess Kits...check them out here....
After quite a stressful week, it felt great to create with such fun papers....go and check them out!!!
Posted by Melissa at 6:11 AM